Project: Upgrade to JD Edwards 9.0
- Founded in 1967, EL RAN was the first Canadian company to specialize in the reclining furniture industry.
- Leader in its sector, EL RAN offers a full line of chairs, loveseats and reclining sofas, as well as a wide selection of stationary upholstered furniture.
- The company employs over 400 workers with nearly 150 style collections available in over 550 fabrics and leathers, distributed in North America, Europe and the Middle East.
- Complete the project with a small team while meeting deadlines and budget as well as preserving the daily support of existing services.
- Eliminate all of the system customizations brought on over the years.
- Simultaneous implementation of new technologies.
- Secure satellite modules to the upgraded version of JD Edwards.
- Changing the system’s fiscal year for the start of the upgraded version.
- Benefit from the latest technologies to continue to be at the forefront of the industry.
- Develop a better operational foundation for future projects.
- Be up to date on the maintenance of the support equipment.
Solution implemented in 2010
- Review process techniques to adapt to the upgraded version of JD Edwards.
- New features and technical improvements implementation.
- Integration of the Product Configurator Module to accommodate the need for complex production.
- Completion of the project on schedule and on budget.
- “Go-live” with minimum disturbance on both the application and technical side.
- Stable system, efficient and up-to-date, allowing subsequent phases of service improvements.
"Createch accompanied us through every step of the upgrade process, beginning with a detailed planning and scoping of the project. We proceeded successfully by following their recommendations and have made the upgrade on time and, more importantly, on budget!"
Fiaz Sheikh, M.Sc., M.Eng