Project: SAP Cloud for Customer Implementation
- Uniboard Canada Inc. is a North American leader in engineered wood product manufacturing. The enterprise has a production capacity of over 640 million square feet of raw particleboard as well as high-density and medium-density fiberboard. More than 50% of these are converted into value-added thermally fused laminate and laminate flooring products.
- Uniboard is Canada’s reference in particleboard and laminate flooring.
- Uniboard employs over 800 people in Canada and United States.
- Uniboard has been running SAP ECC since 2002 to manage its logistics and finance processes.
Goals and Opportunities
- Uniboard wished to acquire a customer relationship management tool or CRM to:
- Share and update SAP ECC customers, contacts and sales orders in CRM;
- Centralize all sales and customer service representatives interactions with customers:
- phone calls;
- customer related documents.
- Provide customers with a detailed visit report following meeting with sales representatives.
To Uniboard, it was clear that a cloud-based solution was preferable to an on-premise solution. The use of SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C) emerged as the logical choice, mainly because of the integration with SAP ECC, Uniboard’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. This project’s main completed actions were:
- SAP C4C configuration to support customer relationship processes on 2 different platforms:
- HTML version for customer service representatives using desktops
- iPad version for sales representatives on the road
- SAP ECC configuration in order to allow replication and changes of customer master and sales orders with SAP C4C
- SAP HCI (HANA Cloud Integration) configuration, SAP’s cloud computing integration software to allow bidirectional data transfer between SAP ECC and SAP C4C
- Customer master, contacts and sales orders migration from SAP ECC to SAP C4C
- Upload of sales representatives’ Outlook contacts in SAP C4C
- Training of 12 sales representatives and 10 customer service representatives
- End-User support
- Customers’ positive comments on PDF reports following visits from sales representatives
- Sales representatives now have direct access to relevant sales reports before visiting a customer
- Sales and customer service representatives are able to centralize their interactions with customers in a single location
- Contacts can be maintained by sales representatives in SAP C4C and are automatically updated in SAP ECC
Now that the foundation for customer relationship management is in place, Uniboard has the ability to implement advanced functionalities such as:
- Customer complaint management in SAP C4C
- Addition of new self-service reports for sales representatives